One of our favorite dogs is a Shiba Inu. We focus a lot on kawaii and cute drawings here and are greatly inspired by Japanese art styles (which is where Kawaii originates from). So, we figured it would be perfect to do one of our first dog tutorials on a Japanese dog breed.
Just like our other lessons, drawing a shiba inu dog is not that difficult and we’ll guide you step by step through the entire process.
Even though, we are drawing a Shiba Inu here – the art style we use is partially relying on the colors to tell you what type of dog breed this is.
So, get creative and change the colors to experiment and see what types of dogs you can come up with here.
If you like what you see, don’t forget to check out our youtube channel and like/subscribe to help show support so we can keep providing more art lessons.
Here’s a list of supplies we recommend to use, however, feel free to use whatever you can find around the house!
- Pencil, Marker, Sharpie, Pen (Anything you can draw with!)
- Paper (We love marker paper but use anything you can find).
- Colored Markers (if you want to color the drawing).
Here are what we think are the best colored pencils, best gel pens and best markers for coloring.
- Your imagination (feel free to change colors or add things to the drawing!).
A Few Tips Before You Start Drawing
- The starting head shape is probably the most difficult part of this lesson. Most of the head is round except for a little curve in the front left. Try and imagine a duck beak (mouth) if that can help.
- Change the colors to other dog breeds with similar body types. You’ll be surprised what you can come up with!
Let’s Draw A Cute Dog – Step By Step
We have printable coloring pages and printable step by step instruction guides to help you learn to draw. Head on over to our coloring page section of our website to search and download them all!
Just want to download a coloring page of this specific character? Click the print button below to print off this lesson’s coloring & tracing pages.
Printable Shiba Cute Dog Coloring Page
Here’s where you can download the Shiba Cute Dog coloring page & step by step instructions. You can use the coloring page to practice coloring the character and the step by step instructions are great if you are not near a computer or phone and want to try this lesson out!
Click the print icon to open print options for these pages. You can also click the image and save it directly to your device.
Download Printable Shiba Cute Dog Coloring Page
Download Printable Instructions: How To Draw A Cute Dog
Check us out on social media with the links below.